Breakthrough Behavioral, Inc. is the leader in online mental healthcare. Currently a covered benefit for five million members of four national insurers, Breakthrough is creating the world’s largest platform for live video counseling and psychiatric care that is affordable, convenient, private, and effective. In November of 2014, Breakthrough is now a wholly owned subsidiary of MDLIVE, the one of the largest providers of telemedicine.
We, at Breakthrough, deliver insurers, employers, and healthcare organizations a turnkey solution: easy-to-use, web-based, HIPAA-compliant technology and a high-quality, on-demand network of mental health providers trained in delivering care online.
We are passionate about improving the quality, access, and affordability of mental healthcare. Our team includes serial entrepreneurs, veteran executives, and clinicians with decades of experience in internet startups and health care. Prior to merging with MDLIVE, we raised $6 million from investors including the Social+Capital Partnership and First Round Capital.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California, within walking distance of CalTrain and downtown restaurants. We offer competitive salaries, a suite of benefits, and a workplace with colleagues that we hope will inspire you.
By working with Breakthrough, you will know each day that you are truly making a difference in people’s lives all across America.
Senior Android Developer
Classification: Full time (100%), Exempt
Location: 702 Marshall Street, Suite 340, Redwood City, CA 94063
- 10+ yrs of total experience
- 6+ yrs of Android development experience
- Proven software development experience
- Proven work experience in Android development
- Expert skills with Java and multi-threading
- Expertise architecting, debugging, tuning, and optimizing enterprise applications
- Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for your work
- Proficient use of common design patterns
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team
- Be flexible and involved in all aspects of software development
- Experience developing web services and REST API
- Knowledge of security, encryption and PKIs
- Proficient development skills across multiple object oriented languages is preferred
- Experience with test driven development and continuous integration preferred
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Sr. Android Developer you will be:
- Playing a lead role in the design and development of our tablet and mobile applications
- Building best-in-class applications on tablet and mobile devices
- Investigating and resolving application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Identifying and resolving compatibility issues between the wide range of Android versions and devices
- Working with other mobile teams across the company to utilize and establish best practices for mobile development
- Delivering high-quality work on tight schedules
- Mentoring junior developers on the team
- Taking your part in a sharp, fun-loving, low-ego technical team that loves to share ideas, learn from each other, and have a great time doing it
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience
Benefits include PTO, Sick Pay, 10 Paid Holidays, health, dental, vision, 401K and match, and additional options
Please apply by email – noting your salary history/requirements, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.