1. Why should I join the Breakthrough network?
By offering convenient and effective online counseling, Breakthrough providers enjoy greater scheduling flexibility, reduce costly no-shows, reach new clients, and increase client satisfaction.
Unlike other generic video platforms that may be used for online counseling, Breakthrough is designed specifically for secure, HIPAA compliant therapy sessions.
2. I'm a licensed therapist. Am I eligible to join Breakthrough's provider network?
Yes. If you carry a current behavioral health license in a state where Breakthrough is operating, we welcome you to join our network. Please note that in order to register, you will need a current NPI and existing professional liability insurance.
3. Is Breakthrough available in my state?
Yes, Breakthrough is operational in all 50 states in the United States of America.
4. How much does Breakthrough cost?
Breakthrough offers providers a secure and convenient platform for conducting video counseling sessions, dedicated technical and customer support, and marketing tools for your online business. Breakthrough providers also benefit from low no-show rates averaging 3.5%.
In exchange for these robust services, we ask an affordable $6 per session fee.
5. How do Breakthrough providers get reimbursed for their video counseling sessions?
Breakthrough currently has contracts with several large payers. If you're contracted with one of those payers, you're guaranteed reimbursement for your video counseling sessions. If you're not affiliated with a Breakthrough contracted payer, we encourage you to contact your payer to learn more about their policies regarding reimbursement for video counseling.
You also have the option of offering self-pay (out-of-pocket) sessions to your clients. In this case, you should arrange preferred payment options with your clients prior to their Breakthrough session.
6. What kind of computer or technical equipment do I need to use Breakthrough?
One of the following operating systems:
- Windows version 7, 8, 10
- Macintosh version OS X 10.7 or newer
One of the following Internet browsers:
- Chrome version 31 or newer
- Firefox version 24 or newer
- Internet Explorer version 9 or newer
A webcam and microphone (available in stores or online)
7. I already use other video platforms (Skype, Facetime, etc.) with my clients. How is Breakthrough different?
Unlike Skype or Facetime, Breakthrough is specifically designed for secure, private, convenient sessions. Through Breakthrough.com, you and your clients can conduct video counseling sessions and exchange emails easily and securely.
We take personal health information and privacy seriously, which is why Breakthrough is 100% encrypted and HIPAA compliant. Using Breakthrough, you can be confident that you are adhering to the very best practices for online counseling.See how we compare to other platforms
8. How is my client's personal health information (PHI) protected?
Breakthrough is a HIPAA compliant company and adheres to all HIPAA policies and regulations, including staff training and third-party auditing. In addition, Breakthrough's sessions are encrypted to ensure that you and your clients can exchange information securely through our website.Learn more about our HIPAA compliant service
9. Are Breakthrough sessions recorded?
No, to ensure privacy and security of data, Breakthrough sessions are neither recorded nor stored.
10. How many new clients will Breakthrough refer to me?
Breakthrough is not a referral service and does not refer clients to providers. Providers in our network are encouraged, and expected, to introduce Breakthrough to their current clients as a convenient alternative to face-to-face sessions. To help you educate your clients about online video counseling, we provide you with marketing materials at no charge to you.
New clients who visit Breakthrough.com in search of video counseling may choose you as their provider. Because of this, many providers in our network have grown their business due to their affiliation with Breakthrough.
11. Will I be required to work a minimum number of hours per week for Breakthrough?
As a provider in Breakthrough's network, you manage your own schedule and can conduct as many sessions on Breakthrough as you wish. However, after an introductory period, providers in our network are expected to conduct a minimum of 5-15 sessions a month.
12. Can I e-prescribe medications to my clients through Breakthrough?
At this time, Breakthrough is not currently enabled for e-prescriptions.
How to get started?
Sign up today